TNT – Really?
Charles Barkley, NBA Legend, will host TNT’s new unscripted series titled “The Race Card”. Yes, “The Race Card”. The show will feature Charles traveling Amerikkka to change the way Amerikkkans view race. If you’re reading this wondering; “What the fuck?! Huh?!” or “Huh?! What The Fuck?!” you’re exactly where the rest of the woke world is, but wait there’s more. Read the press release.
In “The Race Card,” Charles Barkley wants to bust up the echo chamber mentality that so often has people retreating to corners of the like-minded, where views are reinforced and ideas are distorted into angry, unexamined groupthink conclusions. Each week, Barkley will take on the rapidly calcifying positions around today’s hot-button topics. He will seek out the sharpest and most varied viewpoints from today’s cultural leaders and tastemakers. He will then challenge and probe those ideas, even trying them out on himself.
A confusing use of words, probably because writing Uncle Tom’s newest pawn Mr Barkley will do as we say as we allow him to feel what it feels like to be us, but I’m just guessing. But wait there’s more…
“We as Americans never discuss the issue of race in this country and how it impacts everything in our lives until something bad happens,” Barkley said. “I see this project as a way to talk about race, class and cultural differences and challenge everyone’s status quo.”
The problem here? He’s using Black issues as a way to generalize it to seem as if he is interested in what everyone thinks when he’s simply targeting people of colour, when in actuality it isn’t people of colour who need race talk, we talk about race every day of our lives from birth till death, its non-people of colour who need this discussion if you’re truly trying to “help” heal and unify Amerikkka. If you want to challenge everyone’s status quo you will inevitably bump into a Black man or Woman who, because of systematic oppression lives a certain life vs another. But this is why Charles needs to have several seats. You don’t even think your people will ever be successful LISTEN;
Here Are 5 Reasons Why Charles Barkely’s New Show “The Race Card” Will Further Promote Supremacist Agendas:
- The Number One Reason Charles Barkley Is NOT the appropriate choice for speaking about race. Why?! He doesn’t even believe his own people, people of colour, Afrikan Women and Men will ever be successful. So how then can you unbiasedly do a show that doesn’t ultimately make people of colour look like anything other then what you think of them? Charles Barkley does not think of Black people as intellectual people capable of endless possibilities. But don’t take my word for it. Hear him say it LIVE HERE
- Producers of this TNT show are white, how then can we have an equal view of questions, knowledge, and understanding if the very people who own the show, produce the show, and write the show are white? With the Uncle Tom aka Charles Barkley as it’s front man?! What control would Charles have over the operation of the show if his true goal is to uplift the Afrikan community and truly change the way we view each other if he in fact has no controlling power?
- Challenging and probing ideas and trying them out himself puts a Black man yet again on national television shucking and driving for the white agenda leaving Amerikkka yet again to believe the radical ideas presented to them at the white house years ago when “Birth of A Nation” was released. Stealthily promoting money, power and control on a national level.
- Continuing to identify yourself as an Amerikkkan instead of an Afrikan Amerikkkan pushes the idea that if you’re a wealthy, cool, basketball player, you’ve successfully “made-it” assimilating into white culture and white acceptance as if being proud of who you are segregates you from the world.
- Ignoring Black Issues and generalizing a show based on race discussions vs the discussions at hand is another way to re-direct your attention off of systematic oppression, lack of justice reform, and inequality to speak about things that ultimately do not help change anything.
It’s simple, if you weren’t being paid to do it, would you? And how would this show ultimately help Black kids from being shot and killed? I guess that’s not Mr. Barkley’s concern considering he believes, and this is a direct quote;
“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success”
“…We’re the only race that tell people if you don’t have street cred, with like, that means you been arrested – Like, like that’s a compliment. We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man…”
#SOULdiers, So how can you do a show about race and be considerate of “all” when you don’t even love or understand your own people, yourself? I SAY BOYCOTT!
– Thanks For Reading #SOULdiers
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Be sure to Follow The B.L.A.C.K Media On TWITTER For More Updates
© 2016 Tahir Register The B.L.A.C.K Media