Brussels Sprouts Taste Like Broccoli?
Hey #SOULDiers! This is my second cooking D.I.Y (Do It Yo’Self). This time I tried something I’d never tasted before. The first was my homemade recipe for the perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, and now we journey to vegetables, Brussels Sprouts to be exact, one that many hate, and many have no idea of. It was a scary road, ha, but a fun one. Scary because if they were nasty I would’ve just wasted money, but they weren’t!!!! I even created a video so you can see what I did to prepare to eat brussels sprouts, something I’d never done before:
Step By Step:
- Wash Brussels Sprouts thoroughly
- Boil Water in a pot with one table spoon of salt
- Cut Your Brussels Sprouts. Tail end off first, stand it, then cut again lengthwise so that you can place each face down for frying
- Blanch for 2-3mins your Sprouts in the boiling salty water you prepared.
- Stop The Cooking Process by removing your sprouts from the boiling water and placing them into a bowl full of cold water
- Strain The Brussels Sprouts and place them on a towel to dry for 1min
- In A Skillet pour one table spoon of oil and turn on the heat to medium heat
- Once Hot place the brussels sprouts face down and let them cook for 3mins on each side or until golden brown on the flat side
- While Cooking add a little salt, pepper, (freshly squeezed lemon optional) and a slice of butter
- Taste One Sprout if seasoned and softened well enough, (these should not be mushy) plate them up, and enjoy!
It was my first time eating them, and I like them! Aside from the fact that they; “are rich in many valuable nutrients. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K. They are a very good source of numerous nutrients including folate, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, choline, copper, vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids”, they tasted like broccoli to me, and when I fried them to perfection the crunch, the butter and salt made them smell like fried potatoes. I often hear about people not liking the smell, but it didn’t bother me, overall, these were great! I don’t know what people don’t like about them…I wonder, the people who don’t like Brussels Sprouts…do you like Broccoli?
Try This Recipe, Let Me Know If You Like Them, Do You Believe They Taste Like Broccoli?
Be sure to Follow The B.L.A.C.K Media On TWITTER For More Updates
© 2016 Tahir Register The B.L.A.C.K Media